Bath Housing is seeking a Finance and Administrative Assistant, responsible for day-to-day transactional accounting as well as the smooth operation of the office. Following best practices and processes, the Assistant ensures quality assurance requirements are met and creates long-lasting strong relationships with employees, vendors, and clients.
Our staff is passionate about affordable housing and the positive impact it has on lives and communities. We care deeply about people – those who urgently need housing, those who live in the homes we develop and manage, and our employees who work hard to support them. We take the professional development of our employees very seriously and place high value on training and employee health and wellness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for Accounts Receivables for the Agency; prepares and maintains cash receipts: records receivables from source documents provided; maintains Accounts Receivable ledger; prepares a biweekly report on delinquencies; collects cash receipts and records Agency revenues daily; and manages ACH draws for tenant rents.
- Responsible for Accounts Payables for the Agency, including timely processing payments per Accounting Procedures, monthly credit card reconciliation, preparation of 1099 and 1096 forms to IRS, and maintenance of vendor files and paperless filing system.
- Assists Fee Accountant with monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assists with annual audit preparations.
- Assists in annual budget preparation; works with the Executive Director and Fee Accountant to prepare a consolidated budget for the Agency.
- Works with the Executive Director to periodically review fiscal policies and financial workflow processes and update as necessary.
- Assists Executive Director with cash flow and inter-company transfers.
- Assists with maintaining the departmental financial systems as assigned: prepares journal entries and makes adjustments to the general ledger as needed.
- Completes and files forms and reports as required, including State of Maine annual report, US Department of Labor monthly data, and others as assigned.
- Oversees office and maintenance buildings, ensuring a professional, clean, organized, safe, effective and efficient work environment. This includes evaluating needs, coordinating, and ordering office supplies and services.
- Supports Program Team with administrative functions as assigned.
- General administrative duties (job postings, entering work orders, back-up front desk coverage, etc).
Candidates should have a minimum of three years’ accounting experience. Must be capable of overseeing multiple functions simultaneously, with a keen sense of prioritizing. Full job description is available upon request. This is a full-time position. Wage range is based on skill and experience level. Bath Housing has an excellent benefits package (https://www.bathhousing.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2020-Benefit-Summary.pdf). Please send cover letter and resume to: . Bath Housing is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is covered under Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968.