NATURE OF WORK
Bath Housing is committed to advancing housing solutions so that people from all backgrounds and income levels can live, work, and thrive in our region. Our organizational culture is built around our core values: 1) the relationships we develop through consistent, compassionate, and credible actions and interactions, 2) wellness as it relates to our staff, the people we work with, and our community; and 3) strategic problem solving and innovation as we anticipate and meet the evolving housing regional needs.
The Property Manager is responsible for the stewardship of a portfolio of 12 residential properties (with 175 apartments) in Bath, Maine. This includes ensuring tenant satisfaction, as well as ensuring operational efficiency, positive financial performance, and regulatory compliance. This staff member works closely with the Occupancy Manager and Housing Associate, as well as the Resident Services team.
This is a full-time, 37.5 hour/week position with a staring hourly rate between $20.68 and $24.33 on skill and experience level. Full job description is outlined below. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to . Benefits information and job application can be found at https://www.bathhousing.org/about-us/employment/. Bath Housing is an equal opportunity employer. This opportunity is covered under Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensuring resident satisfaction goals are met
- Oversee tenant complaint process
- Communicate updates to agency procedures and policies and all tenant notifications.
- Serve as resource for Reasonable Accommodation, ADA, and Fair Housing
- Maintaining occupancy targets by filling vacancies in a timely manner.
- Managing income targets through rent collection and management of late payments
- Monitor financial performance of properties and analyze performance reports against targets.
- Coordinating move-outs including lease terminations and court proceedings.
- Enforce lease agreements and program requirements.
- Ensure regulatory agency compliance and meet agency targets for monthly HUD reporting, annual physical inspections, and other required compliance efforts.
- Ensure proper record-keeping related to income, expenses, signed leases, complaints, maintenance, inspections, etc.
- Coordinate with Director of Facilities on property maintenance items such as unit turns, work orders, improvements, inspections, preventative maintenance, and resident issues.
- Conduct lease-ups and tenant briefings.
- Oversee marketing efforts and community relationships.
- Maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Recommend efficiencies and areas of improvement as relevant.
- Adhere to all applicable state, federal, and Agency rules, policies, procedures and regulations at all times.
- Protect the privacy of individuals’ residing in Bath Housing managed apartments by safeguarding personally identifiable information and sensitive data in accordance with federal privacy laws, guidance, and best practices.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in managing multiple priorities within expected timelines and communicating effectively with internal and external contacts. Specific property management and/or voucher experience preferred.
- Experience in assisting low-income and elderly populations, preparing contracts, managing projects, and monitoring budgets
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient technology skills (Microsoft office) and the ability to learn new software as needed, including but not limited to the Agency software programs.
- Demonstrated ability in interpreting Federal and State regulations.
- Proficient in planning and managing projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to network effectively with a variety of people and organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with other employees, tenants, community members, and the public.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written communication skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to stressful situations in a controlled manner.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS, LICENSING, CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift, pull and move up to 15 lbs.
- Moderate noise level.
- Frequent interruption in daily work.
- Prolonged periods of sitting and/or use of computer.
- Moderate exposure to outside seasonal weather.
- Occasional encounter of hazardous obstacles in and around residents’ homes.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee. This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position’s activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) designation may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position. The FLSA status is a recommendation only, and final FLSA status is determined by Bath Housing Authority.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed on this job description) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.