COVID-19: June 9, 2020 Weekly Update
A home is more than just the place where you live, it’s the entire community; everyone, of all races and backgrounds. Bath Housing is committed to building a strong, diverse community. Racism, discrimination, and hatred have no place in our community or anywhere else for that matter. We stand united with the Black community and in support of equality – and take this responsibility seriously. Our hope is that one day soon we can all be safe in our homes and communities.
Resident Survey – Round Two
- Thank you to those of you who have returned your survey forms—this feedback is a huge help! If you haven’t completed yours yet, please take a few minutes to fill it out and send it back to us.
June Quarter Exchange
- The June Quarter Exchange is Tuesday, June 16. If you need quarters, call Sarah at 295-3506. Provide your name, apartment number, and the amount that you will be exchanging for quarters in $5 increments ($5, $10, $15, etc.).
- Air Conditioner installation is here!
- Moorings: June 9
- Anchorage: June 10.
- Seacliff and Dike’s Landing: June 11 and 12.
- Place the A/C in front of the window you would like it installed in. Or, leave a note telling us which window you would like it in.
- If maintenance needs to move the A/C, make sure it is easily accessible and remove any personal belongings around it.
- At initial installation, you received an insulation kit. If you have that available, maintenance will install.
- If you are a new resident and would like to have A/C installed for the first time, please contact Sarah at 295-3506. Please note, all A/C units must be EnergyStar rated and 6,000 BTU or less.
- Interior community spaces will re-open July 1. Bath Housing will post the maximum number of people allowed in each Community Room.
- The State Primary and Special Referendum Election is Tuesday, July 14. In-person and absentee voting will be available. Absentee ballots may be requested in writing, by phone, online, or in person. If you are asking to receive your ballot by mail, request it early enough to allow for postal mail delivery time – both to receive it and return it (2-5 days each way). You can request an absentee ballot by:
- Calling the Bath Municipal Clerk’s office at (207) 443-8332
- Online or by mail from the Secretary of State’s website: https://www1.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/AbsenteeBallot/online-form.pl
- Don’t forget to fill out your 2020 Census form!
Food & Gardens & Other Good Stuff
- The Bath Farmers Market now has Maine Harvest Bucks! SNAP customers will receive a 100% Harvest Bucks match on the amount they put on their SNAP cards. There are no limits on the amounts SNAP customers can spend and receive in matching Harvest Bucks tokens. The market takes place at Waterfront Park on Saturdays from 9 am – 12 pm.
- Tuesday Food Deliveries start around 10 am each week and include:
- Gleaned Produce. Any produce not picked up by Wednesday at 4 pm will be removed. Take as much as you will use! Please note, starting next week, gleaned produce will be made available on Wednesday afternoons.
- Cooking for Community Enjoy!
- Bath Area Food Bank Food Bags. (Every other Tuesday).
- ArtVan has created an ArtVan Program Channel on YouTube with updated project videos every week. Check it out!
- Bath Housing has masks! The new masks have elastic that go around the ears. If you need a mask, call Sarah at 295-3506 to arrange delivery.
- You can search for anything with a call to 211. They are updating their resources daily!