COVID-19: June 30, 2020 Weekly Update
Bus update: On July 7, City Bus will begin running on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Reservations needed to guarantee a seat. City Bus flyers have been included with notices this week. Bath Housing has bus passes. Call Sarah at 295-3506 to have an envelope of 10 passes delivered to you on July 7.
- The next food bank delivery is July 14th. The Bath Area Food Bank asks anyone with access to transportation go to the food bank instead of receiving a delivery. Please call Jess at 447-0399 by July 9 if you no longer require delivery.
- Cooking for Community meals are delivered each Tuesday around 10 am. Unclaimed meals will be picked up around 1 pm. Gleaned Produce is now be available on Wednesday afternoons. Any produce not picked up by 4 pm will be removed. Take as much as you will use!
- The Bath Area Y starts Mobile Meal Delivery on June 29. Meals are available to anyone of any age—no eligibility requirements. Grab & Go meals are available at the Y weekdays from 11:30-12:30.
- The State Primary and Special Referendum Election is Tuesday, July 14. In-person and absentee voting will be available. Absentee ballot request forms have been placed on the Resource Table.
- Are you missing having people to talk to? Understanding that this can be an especially lonely time, AARP Friendly Voice volunteers are happy to chat with anyone who would like to connect. You can reach them by calling 1-888-281-0145 or by filling out the Friendly Voice request form at aarpcommunityconnections.org.
- The Bath Area YMCA is now open Monday – Friday from 5 am-5 pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-2 pm are set aside for vulnerable individuals (masks required). You can reserve a spot in a fitness class or schedule time on-line (https://bathymca.org/) or call 443-4112. Contact Kristen at 295-3317 to apply for a no-cost membership to the Y thru Bath Housing.
- You can search for anything with a call to 211. They are updating their resources daily!
Bath Housing Updates
Re-Opening Plan. As we move into the next phases of the State’s reopening plan, Bath Housing will make the following changes as of July 1:
- Maintenance will begin working on routine work orders. They will start with the backlog and address work orders in the order they were received. You do not need to call if you have already reported an issue. New work orders can be called into the office at 443-3116.
- Community Rooms will be open to residents with a posted Maximum Occupancy. Furniture will be rearranged to promote social distancing. Please do not move furniture.
- Outdoor community spaces may be used for gatherings of greater than ten but no more than fifty as of July 1. The amount of people in the space should allow for six-foot social distancing.
- Laundry Rooms will open to more than one resident, but social distancing should be maintained. Gatherings should not occur in laundry rooms.
- Bath Housing staff will continue to communicate with residents primarily through phone and email. If you are interested and have access to a smart phone, tablet, or computer we can attempt communication through Zoom Meeting. For the health and safety of all residents, Bath Housing will continue to avoid in person meetings and conversations unless absolutely required.
- Buildings continue to be open to residents and essential visitors only. Because so many residents are at high risk for complications related to COVID-19, please do not invite guests to the property.
- Masks are still required in all indoor and outdoor community spaces.
- While Bath Housing staff will be enjoying well-earned vacation time, please know we take the health of the team and residents very seriously. Staff are following the “Keep Maine Healthy” plan. This means that anyone traveling beyond Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont will be required to receive a negative test or quarantine before returning to work.
Quarter Exchange: Next one is Tuesday, July 14. If you need quarters, call Sarah at 295-3506.
Masks: Bath Housing has masks! If you need a mask, call Sarah at 295-3506 to arrange delivery.