Bath Housing is committed to advancing housing solutions so people from all backgrounds and income levels can live, work, and thrive in our region. Our organizational culture is built around our core values: 1) the relationships we develop through consistent, compassionate, and credible actions and interactions, 2) wellness as it relates to our staff, the people we work with, and our community; and 3) strategic problem solving and innovation as we anticipate and meet the evolving housing regional needs.
Bath Housing is seeking a Maintenance Technician II — Aging In Place Specialist to staff Comfortably Home, which makes free home modifications to help older adults live safely and independently in their own homes. This is a great opportunity for the right person to make a difference with both our organization and in the community. Visit comfortablyhome.org for more program information. Work includes:
· Conduct physical inspections of homes and develop and execute customized work plans based on the needs identified during inspection.
· Work in conjunction with the Program Coordinator to coordinate and communicate with subcontractors as necessary, including but not limited to plumbing and electrical contractors.
· Perform both general construction and advanced and finished carpentry work to meet the professional quality standards of Comfortably Home.
· Maintain a working inventory of tools and items required to execute program work plans.
· Complete all required administrative functions assigned to the position.
· Communicate regarding program scheduling and operations through outlook calendar and email.
· Remain up to date regarding innovation and industry best practices in accessibility and age friendly modifications.
· Maintain professionalism and work independently in the homes of the participants.
The Technician will also serve as part of the Bath Housing maintenance team, which provides routine, emergency, and preventative maintenance services for buildings and grounds of residential properties owned by Bath Housing.
Ideal candidates will have work experience and be able to demonstrate a sense of pride in their work. The ability to work well with diverse groups of people is essential.
This is a 37.5 hour/week position, typically Monday through Friday daytime hours, and includes rotating on-call responsibilities covering after-hours and weekends. Call out pay is a minimum of 2 hours at time and a half. Weekly stipend for carrying the pager is $150. A valid driver’s license is required. We take the professional development of our employees very seriously and place a high value on training.
Bath Housing offers excellent benefits including 90% employer paid health (and 50% dependent care coverage) and dental, 401(k) with 6% employer contribution, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life insurance, income protection, short term disability, 14 paid holidays, generous earned time (starting at 20 days/year) and $600 annual wellness benefit.
Bath Housing takes great pride in providing a safe, affordable, and quality place for our residents to live; part of this is ensuring that the condition of our properties exceeds expectations and we are looking for someone who shares these values.
Full job description is available upon request. Bath Housing is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.85 – $25.13 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Driver’s License (Required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Sagadahoc County, ME: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: On the road