Bath Housing Updates
- Cooking for Community partner Mama Mo’s will now be offering some Gluten Free, Dairy Free meal options. If you are interested in these meal options, please call Kathy, Resident Service Coordinator, at 295-3091.
- Bath Housing has a variety of grocery items available for delivery on Wednesday, September 9. To order, please complete the form available on the Resource Tables. Return your completed form to the Bath Housing Office drop slot or called in to Kathy, Resident Service Coordinator by Friday, September 4. If you have any questions, please contact Kathy, Resident Service Coordinator, at 295-3091. We will fill your request based on what is still available when your request is received.
- The Bath Food Bank has provided us with a delivery schedule through the end of the year. Bath Housing residents who have signed up will receive food on September 9, October 6, November 10, and December 8. If you are want to opt-out, or would like to sign up to receive food bank deliveries, please contact Kathy, Resident Service Coordinator at 295-3091 or .
- Fresh Vegetables continue to be available to all residents. You can pick your own in the Bath Housing MOFGA gardens. Or, help yourself to the Merrymeeting Gleaning deliveries at the resource tables each Wednesday.
- Wondering what you can do with unwanted grocery items from food deliveries? To reduce food waste, here are a few ideas of what you can do, and reminders of what not to do with these items.
Offer to neighbors or family
Donate to The Salvation Army
Please Do Not:
Leave food items on resource tables or benches outside or inside of buildings
Return food to the Bath Area Food Bank, they cannot accept any food back
- Heat Pump checks in community rooms at Anchorage, Dikes Landing, and Moorings show that community room windows will need to remain closed. The units do not have the capacity to work correctly and cool the room if windows are opened.
- Mice have been seen in and around The Moorings. Pest management has assessed and begun to treat the problem both indoors and outside of the building. They have requested that residents remove any mousetraps they have placed around the building.
- Updated COVID-19 signage is going up in and around all buildings. This information is based on the latest CDC guidelines.
- Both for the general safety of residents and to follow COVID-19 precautions, a reminder to all residents to only open the main door of your building to individuals you know or are expecting.