September 30, 2020 Weekly Update
Bath Housing Updates
- Bath Housing Residents are Amazing! Thank you to everyone who participated in the Dogwill bottle drive a few weeks ago. With your help, Dogwill collected 6,446 bottles and cans from the greater Bath community and raised a total of $322.30 to support their programs.
- Annual Inspections — What to Expect:
- Annual Inspections of apartments will be conducted October 5th through the 9th.
- Teams of two maintenance staff will be going around to each apartment to do a brief 15 minute check of each apartment. (Also removing your air conditioner at this time will take 30 minutes.)
- Because these inspections are very brief, the visits are not being scheduled in advance. Maintenance staff will be going door to door at each property. We will send out OneCall messages each morning that week to let residents know which building is scheduled for inspection that day.
- If you are not at home the maintenance staff will still come in to complete the inspection.
- All COVID-19 precautions will be followed. Maintenance staff will be wearing masks and gloves, and will disinfect anything that they have touched during the inspection. (Residents are required to wear a mask during the inspection.)
Annual Inspection Schedule:
Dikes Landing 10/5/20 : 9AM – 4PM Moorings 10/6/20 : 8AM – 4PM
Anchorage 10/7/20 : 8AM – 4PM Seacliff 10/8/20 and 10/9/20 : 8AM – 4PM
- Flu Clinic appointment times are still available. Please call 295-3317 to schedule with Kristen.
- Bath Housing will be making changes to the Resident Handbook (Public Housing) and House Rules (Seacliff) and the Pet Policy effective 1/1/20201. Updated copies of the documents will be left at the Resource Table and in the Community Rooms on 10/1/2020.
- The Smoking Policy will include a provision banning the use of propane grills.
- Residents not following and acting in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Orders and CDC mandates related to COVID-19 and public health directives shall be in default of their lease.
- The Pet Policy is updated to incorporate new Fair Housing language. Clear definition regarding assistance vs. service animals is incorporated.
Comments regarding the changes can be given to Jess Irish at 207-449-0377 or . Comments will be accepted until 12/31/2020.
- After next week, these Notices will transition to every other week. If needed in the future we will return to weekly Notices. To stay informed about important updates and reminders, you can opt in to our OneCall system. You can choose to receive messages by voice, text or e-mail. To participate, please contact Sarah, Housing Associate, at or 295-3506.
- Make Your Vote Count! Here are some important deadlines and information for voting:
Election Day is Tuesday, November 3rd
Registration deadlines: By mail: Received by Oct. 19, In person: Nov. 3
Absentee ballot deadlines: Request: Oct. 29, Return by mail: Received by Nov. 3
Return in person: Nov. 3 by 8:00 p.m.
Early voting: Oct. 5 – Oct. 30, but dates and hours may vary based on where you live
Additional information: You can also register and vote on Election Day
- Face masks are most effective when everyone wears one. To ensure the safety of both residents and staff, all residents are required to wear a mask when our masked maintenance staff enter apartments. If a mask is not worn, the maintenance team will not enter to complete the work.